Top 5 Reasons to Donate Your Car Instead of Trading It In
More and more people are using DAV’s Car Donation program to help disabled American veterans.
Last year alone, DAV (Disabled American Veterans) helped improve the lives of more than 1 million veterans in life-changing ways. From outreach programs and job fairs to providing caregiver support and providing veterans with rides to medical appointments, DAV is a beacon of hope for veterans and their families. One way DAV is able to accomplish this is through proceeds from its vehicle donation program.
Many are choosing to make an auto donation for veterans, and here are 5 reasons why you should too:
5. DAV accepts all types of vehicles, running or not. DAV accepts all types of donated vehicles, including cars, trucks, trailers, boats, RVs, motorcycles, campers, off-road vehicles, planes, heavy equipment, farm machinery, and most other motorized vehicles. However, it must be in one piece, have an engine, and be tow truck accessible.
4. Tax deduction. DAV vehicle donations may qualify for a tax deduction. When your vehicle is picked up, the driver will provide you with an initial donation receipt. You may claim as a tax deduction the fair market value of your vehicle up to $500 on your donation even if your vehicle sells for less. If your vehicle sells for over $500, we will provide a 1098-C IRS form which will allow you to claim the full sale price.
3. Easy process. Free Pickup. Choose the best time that works for you! Our Donor Support Representatives will arrange to have a licensed tow company pick up your vehicle. We can pick up your vehicle just about anywhere in the U.S. within 72 hours of completing the donation.
2. There is no cost to the donor. The actual costs of towing, title transfer and handling will be deducted with the net proceeds being sent to DAV. The amount of money DAV receives will depend on the age and condition of the vehicle. By donating to DAV, you avoid the cost and hassle of repairing or selling a car you no longer want or haggling with a dealer on a trade in.
1. Your gift helps our heroes. DAV provides veterans with a wide variety of free services. Your donation will fuel its efforts to connect veterans with benefits, jobs and the health care they’ve earned.
Donating your vehicle to DAV is a unique way to contribute to DAV’s mission to empower veterans to live high-quality lives with respect and dignity. You can find out more by visiting dav.careasy.org/blog or by calling 844-440-4267.